The event: Vancouver Half-Marathon
When: June 24, 2012


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 6

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream."
                       -  Edgar Allan Poe

Just before waking up this morning, I had a dream that I was asleep, having a dream.  So according to Poe, I was having a dream within a dream while existing in a dream within a dream.  Suddenly, Inception  makes sense.  Considering the philosophical implications of Poe's poem, I think I deserve extra credit for hauling myself out of such a metaphysical quagmire and accomplishing a 40-minute trail run.
Plus, I went for a lovely afternoon walk at Englishman River Falls with a friend, and while it was neither fast nor strenuous, I'm thinking even more extra credit is in order.
I'm going to bank it all up for a free day somewhere down the line, on a morning when I'm not up to battling the bogginess.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo...I've had dreams within dreams...it's so weird. I think I'm awake and then can't move and realize I have to wake up again. I LOVED Inception. Hooray for a 40 minute run!

    ReplyDelete