The event: Vancouver Half-Marathon
When: June 24, 2012


Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 1

Goal:  20 minute run.  Have to start somewhere.  Also, psychologically it's more important that I meet goals in the beginning rather than actually achieve anything.

Met or missed?  Met.

Fitness Startpoint:  a few degrees shy of wheezy and pudgy, but about 180 degrees from awesome.

Training Schedule: Run every other day.  Weight train on off days.  For the first 11 days, increase each run by 10 minutes until I get back to the pre-Christmas basepoint of 10k in 60 minutes.  


Nutrition Guidelines: any style of eating other than Christmas-style.  Just finished a 2-week, post-holiday cleanse that consisted of no wheat, dairy, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol, yet I don't feel as glowy as you might expect after such Spartan efforts.  Either they were too stringent and joyless, or my body is still in shock from not being allowed to have chocolate for breakfast and wine at 2pm.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for public health goals! Good luck with the no sugar thing....I've though about doing that before and that's about how far I got with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run one day, weight train the other, then run again? What about rest days? House pants days?

    No wheat, dairy or sugar sounds scary. I don't know if I could do that!

    ReplyDelete