The event: Vancouver Half-Marathon
When: June 24, 2012


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Post-Vancouver Stock-Taking

Runs Accomplished:  0

Nutrition High-point:  Kale and quinoa dinner courtesy of Holly.  This meal is so nutritionally superior it's practically magic.  But not magic enough to negate the following:

Nutrition Low-point:  Feast of cupcakes.  Or maybe it was the fries and beer.  Really, there are so many instances to choose from.  Basically, I ate the opposite of how a person concerned with her health would eat.  I ate predominantly from the top of the food pyramid.  I ate like a 5 year-old at Disneyland. 

Number of Times I Asked Myself, "What the hell, Janet?":  Daily, repeatedly.

How I Spent My Time:  Here's where I feel no shame.  I spent quality time in a park with a favourite three year-old, quality time in a pub with a favourite friend, and quality time enjoying the company of more favourite friends watching back-to-back episodes of Community (a marathon-like undertaking that requires endurance, focus, training and sustenance).

It was a great week of catching up with friends and taking a break from fretting about the future.  I did get sick towards the end, which is my official reason for bailing on training, but I need to work on making the running non-negotiable.  Real runners don't let the sniffles stop them.  I want to be a real runner.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could provide you with a nutrition high point! Thanks for the delicious cupcakes... mmm! And Swedish fish!

    You've gotta think that taking said three-year-old to the park for an hour would burn off some calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your week in my place was so nice, but sorry it hindered your progress ;) Hope you got those jericho runs in at least!

    ReplyDelete