The event: Vancouver Half-Marathon
When: June 24, 2012


Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 1

Back to square one-ish.  Illness rendered February a lost month, but today I got back on track with a 45-minute run through Rathtrevor with my brother, Constable J.  His legs were weak from a manly weight session the day before but his lungs were strong, and my legs were strong after resting for 3 weeks but my lungs were weak like a proper convalescent's, so it made for a pretty even run.
Felt extraordinarily good to get back out there.  Also, my mom gave me shiny new running duds for my b-day, so now, obviously, I will be running much faster.

Sub-2 half-marathon, here I come, 16 weeks and counting.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back to running and feeling better! The shiny new running gear must be helping!

    ReplyDelete