The event: Vancouver Half-Marathon
When: June 24, 2012


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 36

12 weeks to Race Day!  Am officially registered, so there's no turning back.

Long Run: 65 minutes

The weather is still cool in the mornings, and I prefer these conditions to warmer temperatures as my face tends to get red when I run in the heat.  I mean shockingly red.  Turkey beet tomato red.  The kind of red that makes people in the vicinity nervous about their first-aid skills because they're pretty sure they're going to need to put them into practice.
Looking so dangerously overheated doesn't really bother me, because I actually feel fine at that colour, but I do feel bad for the nervous people.  I should probably consider running with an information label:  "Runner may appear warmer than is normal or healthy, but don't worry: nothing is going to explode."

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I also turn a hazy shade of pink. Or rather a fierce shade of pink. Kind of a glow. I like to think of it as natural blush.

    ReplyDelete